1. The arts are finally alive and kickin’ down there.
2. Might as well get used to heat and humidity before total climate change sets in.
3. $567 to heat a small abode in rural New England for the month of January to 58 degrees F. That’s more than rent.
4. Pasty face. Desiccated tresses. Cracked cuticles. [Not that I’ll be let in under these conditions.]
5. It’s not an island.
6. It doesn’t have the Hollywood sign.
7. While up “late” [7pm] shivering in 5 layers, while sweatin’ ‘nother bout o’ cabin fever + lower back ache + frost bit nose from the sound of tomorrow’s forecast, made a mad dash to general store just before closing time for impulse-, cold comfort purchases:
- 1 bottle Fire Cider
- 1 pound of Fogbuster coffee beans
- 2 packs of BOLT [caffeine + B12 + B6] squares of gummy stuff
- 1 nip of Jack Daniels
- 1 cup of tomato basil soup + slice of rosemary white bread
- 1 slice of coconut cake
- 2 packs Hotteeze [stick-on toe warmers]
- 1 extra large box all natural peanut butter dog biscuits from Vermont [for the cabin-fever-stricken border collie who shares my home]
- 1 overpriced bottle of Advil
- anti-freeze, ice-melt, ice pick
- 1 tub of Bear Badger Balm
- 1 pkg lemon grass ramen noodles
- box of kitchen matches